Sunday, November 18, 2007

last.fm+iTunes= Indie Cred.

4 bands and the songs that inspired me to even log into this blogspot this evening:

Modest Mouse- Make everyone happy/Mechanical Birds
Built to Spill- You are
The Knife- Heartbeats
The Flaming Lips- Are you a hypnotist?

All very worthy additions to my Fall '07 playlist, which is actually winding it's way into winter, with tracks like Tori Amos' "A Sorta Fairytale" from Scarlet's Walk (2001), Elvis Costello's "A Good Year for the Roses" from his "Very best of.." collection, and Jeff Buckley's "New Year's Prayer" from Sketches for my sweetheart the drunk. The cool thing is iTunes picked them out and put them in order for me, so I guess it gets all the credit for being currently awesome.

I've been in a huge King Crimson phase. I blame it on Battles and a sudden penchant for proggy goodness. Do many people actually like King Crimson anymore??? And if so, where the fuck are they?! Be my friend. Just don't also be an art snob. With your silly sweaters and scarves and red wine teeth stains. Feh.

Would it make me a liar if I said I am listening to my ex-husband's music and am actually enjoying it completely detached, as an outside listener/music appreciator? I'm not lying. It's really good. I don't know what this "really means" for all you psychoanalysts out there, but it izzz what it izzzz....




Did you listen to it? I wasn't kidding. This is the hidden track at the end of his second album, "All Night Souls", which he put out in early 2005, I think. Check out his myspace page right here. I won't type his name though...for some reason.

ANYWAYS. *shifts uncomfortably for a few seconds*

I've finally figured out how to put some sort of music players on my blog, obviously. And thanks to last.fm and all it's indie goodness, I've been able to put together a little playlist of some awesome stuff I found while surfing it and also some of my mainstream/indie faves from iTunes.

Hope you like it. I'm glad I can finally have you listen to what I'm listening to, as opposed to just reading pretentious writing about it instead.




And with that.....good night. :)

No comments: