Thursday, August 28, 2008

StyleHive sample article

I'm sure this is way over 100 words, but I thought I'd do a full mock-up in my blog. Hope you enjoy!!


Today's Outfit:


One Trend That's Caught My Eye This Season:
*Pointelle/Lightweight knit Tights!*

I really believe these are the most perfect fall accessory a girl can have in the bay area, aside from a favorite scarf. Living in San Francisco, you learn that the weather is COMPLETELY unpredictable, and you need to be prepared for a bit of everything: heat, chilliness, wind, fog, all dependent on which part of the city (or which side of the bay bridge) you're in. It's hard to do that AND be stylish! Which is why these tasty little leg warmers do the trick....

One look I'm DYING over right now is how the city girls are transitioning summer dresses for fall.

Throw on a pair of footless knit leggings (fairly open weave), some funky flats, the ever present SF scarf, and a cardigan, and you're ready to have a drink in the hipster-laden Mission district. How about some shopping downtown in Union Square? Switch the knit for some more sophisticated pointelle tights (or thigh-highs if you want to feel sexy ;), some slouchy boots, a long trench-length sweater and an oversized hobo. YUM!!

Great brands carrying some hot versions: Free People, Betsety Johnson, and the cream of the crop, D&G. For something a bit more affordable, Urban Outfitter also has cute knits 2 for $20! I'd just like to say, though, that you get what you pay for. My legs go through as many tights as babies do diapers. No kidding. ;)




No comments: